China manufacturer and supplier of E27 lamp holder and GU10 lamp holder



James Lamp Holder



Home » FAQs » What's the different about the light socket and lamp holder?
What's the different about the light socket and lamp holder?
2015-11-06 18:14:30

Some people are confused about the light socket and lamp holder, so i tell you how to distinguish them,
The light socket is the receptacle connected to the electrical supply, the holder is the end of the lamp that fits into the socket.also called lamp holder, Fuzhou is the center of  porcelain lamp holder manufacturer. There are many types of bulb holders used in lamps, screw lamp holder being the most common for incandescent and HID bulbs, e.g: E27 lamp holder,E39 lamp holder,GU10 socket, while bipin G5.3 lamp holder are common for linear fluorescent lamp and LED bulb.

E27 socket, E39 lamp holder is refers to the ordinary screw lamp cap size, usually E27 socket is use incandescent lamp, E40 is bigger than e27 lamp holder, more use for the metal halide lamp and high pressure sodium bulbs.
MR16 lamp holder: "MR" means Multi-face reflect, many sided reflection (cup), "16" means bulb caliber (the unit is 1 / 8 inch),the caliber of MR16 socket:16×1/8=2 inch≈50mm, "MR" is the push-in lamp holder,two pins, usually use for the halogen lamps and led lamps,it's very convenient to install.
GU10 socket: "GU" is the bayonet type. GU: "G" means lamp holder type is a plug-in, "U" means lamp is U shape, the "10" shows the center distance of lamp foot holes (mm).

James lighting Ceramics & Electronic manufacture lamp holders, e27 lamp holder, gu10 lamp holder,  including porcelain lamp holders, lamp holders and bulb holders, E27 lamp holder for incandescent lamp and HID bulbs, GU10 socket and MR16 lamp holders for halogen lamps.

If any problems about the porcelain lamp holder, please add our skype: xiezhenqiao1221

James supply the lamp holders, bulb holders, E27 lamp holder and GU10 lamp holder 30 years!

Copyright @2012-2016 James Lighting Ceramics & Electronic CO.,LTD